11.16.2011

Peanut Butter "Cookie" Ball

I have a problem with never feeling like I take enough food to gatherings. Tomorrow my office is having their annual Thanksgiving Pot Luck. I think it was a no-brainer that I would be taking some sort of dessert. Luckily one of my biggest fans, my friend Ann, ordered a dozen of my Delish Red Velvet cupcakes so I was left with 2 dozen to take to my potluck. That little voice in my head kept telling me I needed to take something else.

So I decided on cake balls and then decided I didnt want to even bake again tonight, so I remembered what a hit the "cookie" balls have been (including the men) so now I get to share my first simple recipe, its easy as well....pie!

First gather the items that you will need:
1 package of Chocolate Bark
2 (or 3) packages of Nutter Butter Cookies
2 blocks of softened cream cheese
food processor, mixer, spatula, wax paper and a small melon baller (thank you Pampered Chef)

Put both cream cheese blocks into mixer and "soften". (Missing picture, I forgot about my wonderful Kitchen Aid mixer for a split second and almost attempted to mix by hand, silly me)

Break up a package of cookies into food processor and turn it on so you get "crumbs" that look like what you see in the white bowl. I do 1 package @ a time, so its not so crowded in there.

Next, pour your "crumbs" into the mixer with the softened cream cheese. Mix until you get a good lumpy mixture, as seen here

Now, move over to your table, pull out some cookie sheets and line them with wax paper. Get your melon baller out and ball up the mixture to look like the below:

After you get all the balls made up (I got 61 out of it), place the cookie sheets in a freezer or the fridge for an hour.

Now its time to break up the chocolate bark in a microwave safe dish and melt it according to the directions (mine said 90 seconds then stir, and heat for 15 second intervals, stir until melted) it took me 90 seconds then 2 sets of 15 seconds.

Now you will dip each ball into the pool of wonderful melted chocolate using a fork, scoop it out, let the chocolate drip then place on wax paper to "settle". I added some sprinkles, because I had them, you can drizzle chocolate, add sprinkles or just leave them as is.

Poor lonely "cookie" ball.....
Don't worry, I will eat you! lol!!

Side note: You can freeze these, I froze 28 of them to have for my family thanksgiving get together. I will dip them in chocolate on the day of our celebration! I hope everyone enjoys and tries them out some day!























0 comments:

Post a Comment